I think that an indoor garden wall can really elevate a space. They will bring your home to life and it is a great way to add some greenery into your home. They look so beautiful and are a fun project to work on. It is very straightforward and the end result will be worth it I promise you.
What materials do I need?
- A blank wall in your home.
- Wood boards to make a box to put everything in, or if you can buy a wood box.
- Exterior grade finish, to protect the wood from getting wet and rotting.
- A vertical wall planting bag that you can find on Amazon.
- Waterproof silicon.
- Large wall hangers.
- Potting soil.
How do I get started?
1. You want to start by building your box, using your wood and screws. You want one large piece of wood as your back piece, and then 8 thinner plants of wood, to create an open box shape. Once you are done you can apply the exterior grade finish and add the silicon around the edges of the box to help prevent water from leaking out. If you are able to find a box premade that would work as well or you can use an old large crate and fill in the empty spaces.
2. The next step is to screw the hangers into the back of the box.
3. After that you can measure your wall planting bag and cut it to your desired size and staple it down to the bottom of the box. Make sure it is secure before you add your plants because plants can get very heavy.
4. You can then add your potting soil into the individual pockets of the wall planting bag.
Finally, you can gently remove the plants from their original container and remove their soil and add it into your wall planter.
There are so many different ways to make an indoor plant wall, this way is great because if you ever want to take it down all you have to do is remove the whole box and you can change out your plants or soil very easily.
This plant wall will impress all your guests and will for sure be a show stopper. It is very straightforward to put together and the end product will be worth it!