There are so many fresh teas you can make using herbs and plants from your garden. The great thing about making your own teas is that you are able to make your own unique combinations mixing and matching different herbs and plants to create your own perfect combination. As well, making your own tea saves you money from having to buy it from the store, and it is always going to be fresh and delicious.
Plants that would make great teas:
1. Chamomile: You use the buds and this tea is great for relaxation or if you are feeling sick.
2. Lemon Balm: This plant you want to use the leaves and you would use it in a calming tea.
3. Lavender: You use the buds and it is a nice and calming tea. It would also pair nicely with our favorite lavender infused baking treats.
5. Lemon Grass: For this tea you want to only use the stalk and it is great for relaxing and it is also very calming.
Plants that pair well together in a tea:
- Chamomile and ginger
- Lavender, lemon and ginger
- Lemon balm and mint
How to make tea:
- You want to dry the plants and herbs on a baking sheet on a very low temperature of about 150ºF. The trick is to dry them out slowly on a low even temperature, and make sure to check on it often.
- Once it is dried out, leave it to rest overnight. Then you can blend it till it is in small pieces.
- If you are interested in adding other ingredients into your teas, you can also dry out lemon rinds or peeled ginger and combine it with another herb, to make a delicious tea.
- Then you can steep the tea as normal. Add 1-2 teaspoons of tea and some hot water and there you have it, fresh and homemade tea.